My other blog was getting a little long, so I thought I would update you through a new post! For all of you mothers out there potty training...I am reminded once again of what you all are going through. Cody has been so cute through all of this. Last week (Tuesday I think it was), Cody started telling me he needed to go potty. Not that you all want to hear this story..... He's told me before, but usually it was when we would be in a store or somewhere that I hadn't brought in an extra diaper or anything to even give him the chance of trying, because I didn't want to put the old diaper back on if I took it off. So, I kept laughing it off. So, last Tuesday he told me. I figured okay we'll see if he really had an idea of what he is talking about. He was right. I had already decided before all of this started that we weren't going to start potty training until after we'd had Zach. I didn't want that regressing thing that I've heard so much about. After he was right though, I decided to go to the store and get a few things so he would really understand what wet and dry were. Nothing big. Just basically sticking our toe in the water and testing it out. Nope, Cody has basically taken charge of this whole thing and is moving right along. We haven't been perfect at it, but he has been so amazing about all of it. I am so proud of him. We are still working at it and hope to be still doing really well by the end of the month. I figure we are on such a good roll, no need to stop a good thing right? If any of you out there have any fun ideas to keep this fun for him, just drop me a line...It doesn't hurt to have good ideas right?!!
1 comment:
Love the pictures and the updates! We're doing the whole potty-training thing, too. Brinlee loves it when I sing and dance a little potty song for her after she goes. That's waaay better to her than candy! Nothin' like watching Mommy make a fool of herself!
Post a Comment