Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Hopefully today will be a fun day. I am trying a few new recipies. One is a cake with a heart in it. I found it on the blog http://theharkerherald.blogspot.com from February 1st. They had it on studio 5 and she gave the link to her blog so that you could follow it closer. I actually didn't buy the red velvet cake at the store since they were out, so we are using strawberry. Still festive. I am also making chocolate dipped strawberries for Mike. There is a recipie for that on sister's stuff blog. I actually did't find the recipie until after I'd already bought the stuff to do the chocolate strawberries though so, in all honesty, I did come up with something on my own. We have a tradition of doing belgin waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, but when I got home from work this morning, the boys had eaten the whole carton of strawberries that were for that. Maybe I'll see if there are some left over from the chocolate dipped strawberries and we can have that for dinner....I was really bummed about that. Anyway, those are just a few fun ideas I am doing today to let my family know they are special in a creative way. Hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments: