



Our family went to Canada for Easter this year. Mike's grandparents live up there and the last time we visited Canada I was 8 months pregnant with Cody, we decided we were due for another visit. I seriously LOVE visiting Mike's grandparents! They take such good care of us while we are up there that we don't have to worry about a thing. While we were there we visited the Helen Schuler Center. It was closed, but we were still able to walk around and see the River called Old Man River. Not sure why it's called that.....but, the kids loved throwing the rocks into the river (what kid doesn't like that?). Scott threw a rock and said "Take that Old Man River"! It was just funny. They also found Oyster shells in the mud, a true TREASURE!! I was told that when the center is open there are all types of small animals to see. There was also this big stair case that led all the way to the top of this hill and there was a pavillion up there. I was too tired to go up, (Cody wasn't sleeping well, so Mike and I weren't either) but the rest of them made it!! There was also an exibit for how things worked in Coal Mines.
No comments:
Post a Comment